Farcry CMS – Friendly URLS
I have been playing around a good bit with Farcry CMS a content management system for coldfusion. I have it up and running at http://www.ledetfamily.com (not really much up there mostly a domain that I use to play with stuff for the time being) I have now set it up successively with both mollio and the friendly url plugin under IIS 6. Mollio was pretty straight forward using the directions here. As for the friendly URL plugin it was a little more work. I started by following all the directions here, but they leave out one important point you need to install an ISAPI Rewrite plugin under IIS. I just installed this per the directions at the site here and created an IsapiRewrite4.ini file in the same directory as the plugin and added this code:
# friendly url rules
RewriteRule ^/go/(.*)$ /go.cfm?path=/go/$1 [L,PT]
That was it, seems to be working like a champ now. You can check it out at LedetFamily.com.
Apple DVD Studio Pro Tutorials
After 3 flights and a very bumpy ride. I made it to Minnesota. I started my morning at 4:30 AM today and slept my first flight leg Atlanta to Detroit, however I made use of my other 2 flights and created 2 Apple DVD Studio Pro tutorials.
First one I call play all script. It is a DVDSP project with 4 video tracks and 1 menu on the menu you can choose to play the tracks individually or select the play all button to play all 4 tracks.
Second one I call random play script. In this DVDSP project I have built an “easter egg” of sorts that randomly plays a video track.
Here is the code as well as a download with a Microsoft Access database of my little TSX Avg Mpg page. A couple of people from acurazine asked about it so I decided to put it up. Anyone is welcomed to use this code on your site the only thing I ask is that you link back to me. You will have to make a couple of adjustments to the code to get it to work. Enjoy!
Premultiplied Alpha vs Straight Alpha
Every wonder what is the difference between a straight or premultiplied alpha channel? Well here goes a little explanation as well as an example when “guess” does not work.
Straight – In a straight alpha channel each of the RGB channels are filled with color and the object only resides in the alpha channel
Premultiplied – In a premultiplied alpha channel the object resides in all channels and the background is usually black or white but it could be any color.
Now when not to you guess in After Effects.
I have imported example 2 into After Effects and hit guess. After Effects and hit guess. After Effects guessed it as straight which was not right. See the white halo around the drop shadow in the image below.
Premultiplied alpha imported as straight
Same image imported as premultiplied with a white background. No more halo.
After Effects 3d Text
1. Create a new composition (720 x 480 duration 03:00)
2. Create a text layer and type in the text you would like (format the type as you wish)
3. Enable 3d for the type layer
4. With the type layer selected hit AA to bring up that layers material options
5. Make sure you set cast shadow to on
6. Hit control/command D to duplicate the type layer to the desired thickness you want your text (I duplicated the one I created 20 times)
7. Hit control command A to select all of the layers than hit p to bring up position for all of the layers
8. Hit F2 to deselect all of the layers
9. Set the second layers z position (the last number in the position list) to 1 repeat this adding one to each sequential layer (example layer 3 would be 2, layer 4 would be 3 and so on)
10. Next parent all layers to the first type layer
11. Next with the top type layer selected hit R to bring up rotation (rotate you text)
12. Next create a solid control/command Y make it 2100 x 1500 and color it white
13. Enable 3d for this layer and hit P to bring up position set it z position to about 175 or so.
14. Next create a new light layer (layer new light) make it a spot light and make sure you check the box to cast a shadow
15. Position your light and keyframe
16. I also keyframed the rotation on the top type layer
Downloads for 3D text in After Effects